Claiming your Official Artist Channel on YouTube is quick and easy when you use MusicDigi.
First & foremost, you need to understand the requirements YouTube has to set up your Official Artist Channel.
- You need to own & operate the channel you’re making the request for.
- You need at least 3 Official Music Videos released on the YouTube platform.
To get started, you’ll have to submit a request to YouTube’s artist support team in order to gain access. To do so, you’re required to email YouTube at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to introduce yourself, let them know you’re applying for an Official Artist Channel, and provide the following list of items to speed the process up!
- Artist Name
- Topic Channel URL
- At least 3 Official Music Video URL’s
- Artist Label / Sub-Label
Once you have provided them with all of these items, they are likely to reply letting you know they’ve made the request for your channel. Expect the first reply in 3-5 business days. The process of being accepted for an OAC is usually longer than one month, so don’t get discouraged if they haven’t accepted you within a week! Everyone will get the chance for their channel to be reviewed.
Benefits of an Official Artist Channel
So aside from having A Verified music note next to your channel name, what else can you expect from an Official Artist Channel?
- Increased visibility through YouTube search
- Access to artist specific tools and analytics in YouTube Studio
- The ability to update your YouTube Music pic & bio
- Exclusive access to data and analytics through YouTube Analytics for Artist