1. Format. The standard artist name and spelling, must be assigned with no abbreviations, commas, or additional information.
2. Accuracy. Compositions must include (if available) information about the artists and contributors.
3. Primary Artist Assignation. All performers (such as symphonies, choirs, ensembles, conductors, accompanists) must be identified as primary artists in classical albums.
4. Use of Composer Role. At least one composer must be listed at the album and each track level. Composers must not be listed as primary artist unless they are performing on the recording as a soloist or conductor. Composers performing as a member of a larger ensemble may not be listed as Primary Artist.
5. Additional Role Assignation. Additional contributors (such as producers, engineers or similar), must be assigned according to their role.