We've put together some key things that you need to know about Musicdigi and how we stack up against our competitors.
CD BABY VS MUSICDIGI
- CD Baby charges you $9.95 for a single and $49.00 to upload an albums plus a UPC fee of $20.00. They also keep 9% of your sales revenue.
- With MusicDigi you only pay $39.99 to release unlimited album or song for a year. We provide UPC and ISRC free of charge plus you always keep 100% of sales revenue.
- The total cost for one album with CD Baby that generates $5,000 in sales: $49.00 + 9% of 5,000 = $499 (not including additional UPC cost)
- The total cost for one album with MusicDigi that generates $5,000 in sales: (You keep $5,000 because we take 0% of your revenues and you pay nothing to upload music) Free uploads
- CD Baby takes 30% commission of your YouTube earnings
- MusicDigi offers YouTube monetization free of charge and takes 0% commission of your YouTube earnings.
TUNECORE VS MUSICDIGI
- For an album, Tunecore charges $29.99 for the first year and $49.99 every year after that. Let's say you upload 10 albums: the cost will be $299 for the first year, and $499 every year after that. (and if not, they take it down) + a fee of $1.98 per store or platform that you add.
- With MusicDigi, With MusicDigi you only pay $39.99 to release unlimited album or song for a year. We will never charge an annual fee per releases.
- Tunecore charges $10.00 for YouTube monetization and takes 20% commission, while
- MusicDigi offers YouTube monetization free of charge and takes 0% commission of your revenues.
- Tunecore charges $19.99 per year for ringtones.
- With MusicDigi, we only charge a one-time fee of $4.99 per ringtone.
DISTROKID VS MUSICDIGI
- With DistroKid, you are limited with the amount of individual artists you can have on your account, and their max is 100 artists, which will cost you around $1,199.99 a year.
- With MusicDigi, you can have an unlimited number of artists or tracks in your account without an additional fee.
- DistroKid does not allow you to select “Album Only.” “Album Only” means that an individual can only buy a particular song if they purchase the entire album.
- MusicDigi gives you the ability to select a track that you wish to make available for “Album Only”
- DistroKid only allows you to set a release date if you upgrade your plan.
- MusicDigi allows you to not only set your release date but, gives you the ability to add songwriter and producer credits, liner notes, and more to all your new releases for free.
- Distrokid charges $4.95 annually for YouTube monetization and takes 20% commission.
- MusicDigi offers YouTube monetization for free and takes 0% commission of your revenues.
- Distrokid does not distribute ringtones.
- Musicdigi lets you distribute and sell your ringtones to millions of mobile users worldwide.
MusicDigi does not charge any extra fees per release(s) or nickel and dime you for each store. You pay only $39.99 per year to upload unlimited music to stores like iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon, Google Play, eMusic, Spotify, Tidal, Rdio, Deezer, and many more.
In addition, MusicDigi one of the only distributor to offer "Spotify windowing," this is a free service that lets you place your album exclusively on Spotify’s premium tier two weeks ahead of your official release date. Plus, we get your music in stores faster than other distributors and offer lots of exclusive features that make life easier for musicians.