When you set up a pre-order on iTunes, you can market your release with an iTunes buy link and offer your fans Instant Gratification tracks, all before your release date. This often means more sales for you and more excitement among your fans!
What is a pre-order?
pre-order is when you make your, album, single or EP available for sale in advance of your official release date (only your Instant Gratification tracks will be immediately downloadable). Keep in mind the Instant Grat option for a pre-order is only for iTunes.
What are the benefits of a pre-order?
• Pre-orders can be a good marketing tool. Here is a quick overview of the some of the benefits:
- Engage fans : You can market the release to your fans with a link to iTunes where they will be able to pre-purchase your release.
- Instant Gratification Tracks : You can choose to offer your fans Instant Gratification tracks. These tracks are delivered immediately to fans who purchase the pre-order. These tracks will also be available for individual purchase during the pre-order period.
- Charts : Pre-order sales count towards your iTunes chart position during the pre-order period. Driving fans to purchase your pre-order can help you rise on iTunes charts, creating a higher profile for your release.
- Fans can get an Automatic Download : Fans who have pre-ordered your release can set it up so their iTunes automatically downloads the album on the release date, or they can request an email notifying them to finalize the download.
What is the cost of a pre-order?
It is $19.99 to set up a pre-order
Add a pre-order to your new Release now.